Becoming a Member of SLAARC
Membership in SLAARC is open to anyone interested in amateur (ham) radio, contingent upon submission and acceptance of a Membership Application Form and payment of the dues corresponding to the membership class applied for.
Please fill in for membership application
Contact the Treasurer to know if they received the application:
The following types of memberships are available:
- Individual — a licensed ARO with full privileges.
- Life — a lifetime individual membership with one time dues payment.
- Family — two or more people, at least one of which is a licensed ARO. Family members who are not licensed have the privileges of Associate membership.
- Under 18 – not-yet 18-years of age
The complete description of the privileges associated with each membership class are described in Sec. 1 MEMBERSHIP, of the SLAARC Bylaws, Revised, as adopted at the November 2018 Membership Meeting.
Dues are on a calendar year basis and are applied to the year in which they are received. Dues for renewing/continuing members are applied to the current year, or the first future year for which dues have not already been credited.
The current annual dues are:
- $30 – Individual
- $450 – Life (15x Individual amount)
- $40 – Family
- $15 – Under 18
Please note the following when paying dues:
- Dues are on a calendar year basis, payable by January 1st of each year.
- Dues may be mailed to the club P. O. Box, the Treasurer, or paid at a monthly business meeting.
- Cash should not be sent through the mail.
- Checks should be made out to SLAARC and the memo line should indicate “Dues for <call sign> for <year>”.
- See the Contact US page for the club’s mailing address.
- Payment may be made using Paypal
American Radio Relay League (ARRL) Membership
Membership in the ARRL is not required to belong to SLAARC, but is strongly encouraged. Most SLAARC members are also members of the ARRL. SLAARC cannot handle your ARRL membership; you must join ARRL directly.